These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the Win The Ultimate Dorset Weekend Getaway promotion (the “Promotion”) and will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: The promoter is Hall & Woodhouse Ltd, The Brewery, Blandford St. Mary, Dorset, DT11 9LS (“Promoter”). Entries to this address will NOT be accepted
Eligibility: This Promotion is only open to residents of the England and Wales aged 18 years or over and excludes employees and their immediate families of the Promoter; any agencies involved with the Promotion; and anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion.
Internet Access Required: Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter. Only online entries will be accepted.
Promotional Period: Opens on 10 August 2016 and closes for receipt of all entries at 23:59 on 28 February 2017 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Promotional Pack: Each bottle of beer in a promotional pack comprised in this Promotion (“Promotional Pack”) features a collaret (“Promotional Collaret”) that includes a unique code (“Promotional Code”) which can be used only once to see if it is a winner.
How to enter: After purchasing a Promotional Pack entrants must visit the website at www.badgerales.com/win (the “Website”). They should then enter the Promotional Code and register their full name, date of birth, postal address and email address. The Promotional Code must be entered exactly as it appears on the Promotional Collaret. Entrants will be notified immediately on screen if they have won a prize or not. Prize winners must retain the Promotional Collaret bearing their winning Promotional Code and their proof of purchase as these may be required to validate a prize.
Entry Details and Restrictions
Only online entries will be accepted. Each Promotional Code is only valid for one entry. Participants can enter up to two Promotional Codes on the Website per day. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is attempting to circumvent these Terms and Conditions by any method (including but not limited to multiple mobile numbers, email addresses, IP addresses, identities, computer fraud using 'script', 'brute force' or any other automated means) in an attempt to defraud or abuse the Promotion such entrants will be disqualified and blocked from participating, and any prizes awarded will become void. Entries made by a third party or with automated devices or processes are not allowed. All entries will be closely monitored by online systems and any entries in breach of these Terms and Conditions (or any part thereof) will be disqualified. Any prize winner who has been disqualified shall return any prize awarded within 14 days of a demand for its return being made.
Incomplete entries/claims or those not in accordance with the entry/claim instructions will not be accepted. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by a computer will be accepted. No bulk entries. Any manufacturer's references or printing errors on the Promotional Packs do not constitute valid Promotional Codes.
The Promoter does not assume any responsibility for Promotional Codes damaged or defaced in the way the product packaging is opened. If you cannot read your Promotional Code due to a genuine printing error, or your Promotional Code does not work please submit a photo of the Promotional Code to email@example.com. Please include details of your request, your name, email address and full postal address and a replacement Promotional Code will be sent to you if the Promoter deems it appropriate to do so. Strictly one code per person.
The prizes are:
Images may not be representative of prizes. In addition, there will be a prize draw as detailed in clause 12 below.
- 20 trips for two to a selection of the Promoter’s pubs and inns. Each trip includes 2 nights B&B, plus 2 dinners at the pub/inn (maximum £50 per person per night), plus a bar tab each night at that pub/inn (maximum £10 per person per night), plus a trip to the Promoter’s Dorset brewery, plus £1000 spending money per trip (not per person). All trips are subject to availability;
- 500 outdoor clothing prizes of £100 each, provided by way of a £100 gift voucher; and
- 15,000 bottles of Badger Beer.
There will be a random draw from all valid entries within 7 days of the closing date of the Promotional Period to win The Ultimate Dorset Weekend Getaway for the winner and up to 11 friends. The draw will be conducted via a computer process that produces verifiably random results. The prize includes 2 nights B&B at a pub/inn owned by the Promoter, plus 2 dinners at the pub/inn (maximum £50 per person per night), plus a bar tab each night at that pub/inn (maximum £10 per person per night), plus a trip to the Promoter’s Dorset brewery, with a private tasting and a chance to brew a beer, plus up to £100 travel expenses per person. This trip is subject to availability.
The winner of the random draw will be informed by email within 3 working days of the draw and will then have 14 days to respond to that email confirming acceptance of the prize. If the winner fails to respond within this time the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant selected at random from all valid entries selected in the same manner.
- The Promoter may provide alternative Promotion prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's reasonable control. Prizes cannot be sold and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives are available, except in the event of circumstances outside of the Promoter’s control. Prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners. The Promoter’s decision is final on all promotional matters.
- With the exception of the prize draw, all prizes will be notified instantly via the Website, after the entrant has inputted the Promotional Code correctly.
- For all prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to check the winning Promotional Collaret prior to the issue of a prize, and where this right is exercised, the entrant will not be entitled to such prize until the Promoter has confirmed that it is satisfied that the entry is valid. Where this right is exercised:
- the Promoter will advise the entrant where to post its winning Promotional Collaret for verification; and
- the 28 day deadlines referred to in clauses 17 and 18 (and the 72 hour deadline in clause 19) will be extended to run from the date that the Promoter has confirmed that it is satisfied that the entry is valid.
- Full details of the trips for two and the draw prize (and how to redeem these prizes) will be issued in writing within 28 days of prize notification (or acceptance of the prize, in the case of the draw). All trips must be taken by 31.12.2017 and are subject to availability. For the avoidance of doubt, unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter, accommodation will be unavailable in the month of August, or on bank holidays or other statutory holidays in England and Wales.
- Outdoor clothing prizes will be in the form of a £100 gift card or voucher for a leading outdoor clothing retailer, and will be posted to the winners within 28 days of win notification on screen.
- Badger beer prizes will be delivered via a personalised downloadable coupon, the link to which will be emailed to winners within 72 hours of win notification on screen. These coupons must redeemed within 30 days from the date of email link.
- It is the responsibility of the claimant to supply the correct postal address at registration. The Promoter will not be liable for non-delivery of a prize caused by the provision of wrong information, postal disputes or other causes beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter will do all that it reasonably can to ensure that the Website is functioning correctly throughout the Promotional Period. However, the Promoter will not be responsible for defects or malfunctions in the operation of the Website howsoever caused which affect the operation of the Promotion.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the Promotion or redemption or use of any prize won as part of the Promotion. The Promoter does not take responsibility for, recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of third parties associated with any Promotion prizes and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party.
- The full name and county of the major prize winners will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to: Badger Dorset Weekend Getaway Offer NPN, PO Box 1079, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1GY after the closing date for a period of 3 months. Entries/claims to this address will NOT be accepted.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant agrees that, if they become a prize winner, their full name, county and country may be published by the Promoter on the Website and via post if requested.
- Prize winners may be required to participate in unpaid publicity as required by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Terms and Conditions. Entry instructions on-pack, online and in any other marketing materials form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify, suspend or cancel the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation
- The Promoter will collect personal information from the entrant for the purposes of administering this promotion and will share this personal information with its marketing agency who will be supporting the Promoter with the Promotion. This includes contacting the winners and publicising information about the prize winners. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the collection and use of their data in this manner.
- If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision will be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause will not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering this Promotion all entrants agree unequivocally to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for the facts.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.